So… once again I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and saw the most incredible new super food! Scientists have been doing studies on these berries found in Scandinavia called the “Lingonberry“.
Today I will be discussing how many different health benefits Lingonberries have.
To start things off, here’s the video that I saw on Dr. Oz
Lingonberries are a lot like a blueberry and cranberry mixed. In Scandinavia, where they were first discovered, they are often called “Cowberries”… Which I think is kind of funny lol. Lingonberries are mostly eaten by bears, foxes, and some birds.
Lingonberries are LOADED with all sorts of nutrients. They are packed with:
- Vitamin C
- Pro-Vitamin A (beta carotene)
- B Vitamins (B1, B2, and B3)
Isn’t that crazy?! Oh, and they are also an excellent source of antioxidants!
Here’s where they get kinda crazy… Lingonberries are one of the best foods you can use to fight infection. They are a natural antiseptic, disinfectant, and astringent. They have been known to help with:
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) or Bladder Infections
- Staph (Staphylococcus aureus)
- Helps produce Red Blood Cell and Liver Enzymes
- Breast Cancer
- 2 Tablespoons of Lingonberry Jam
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (I use coconut milk because I’m allergic to almonds)
- 3/4 cup of Ice
So as you can see, Lingonberries are VERY good for you! They may be difficult to find but in the end, it’s totally worth it!